Pages

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Con-Artist

For two years and some month I had the dishonor to met this young man, and I said man lightly. This person with his" I do not brake a plate" make you think that he is a good person. Well, first able her mother kick him out of the house. We did not know why. One day she calls my house to be sure he was here. She scream at me that he was a drug addict and not to believe any of his lies. He came clean and said: that he started because his 2yrs. girlfriend left him, that for the first time he was by himself, and he was walking with a bad crowd. He lost his scholarship,that was paying for everything even the place he was leaving. Thank god he left all bad stuff behind.
My husband said: some people make mistakes. Let's give him the benefit of the doubt. Sometimes you try to help people and they do not change unless they decide to be better people. Two years has pass, and he has been running from one house to the other. His mom, the dad, and now his grandmother. He does not like to work. We are on his case all the time. After getting a job he was fired for been late, got another job as a short hand chef in the university left it because he did not feel good in that job, then he was without a job for the longest time. Until, one day I decided to tell him that it was time that he show everyone that he was a grown up. He got this work now for more than 8 month give and take. His family feels happier.
Something he likes to do is that he make promises that he never follow. For example: he told his family he wanted to get into the Marines, we were surprise and his family too. Well, the day he went to the place to get everything done: he forgot to pay some money that he owed, God knows who. He came back and that was the end of that. Then he said that he always wanted to be a police officer, sorry but my husband and I laugh. His birthday came up, and that was the end of it.
He asked my husband if he could help him going with him to the recruiting center. I said to my husband this is another of his tricks. But, my husband help him. Knowing that he may never get into the army. Some people do not deserved to be help. But we are suckers for people that are in trouble. No more. That is his parents and grandparents baggage. They are to blame for thinking he always tells the truth. They think he is misunderstood, not.
Well, everyone in his family is disappointed but he is the kind of person that start talking and make you think that life is against him. Well, now my husband and I see him for who he is. Someone that
likes to take advantage of others. I told him keep walking and do not let the door hit you in your back. Life is to short, you try to help people that in reality wants to take advantage of you and your generosity. Hope this is the last we see of this person. No more chances.
If you have a similar story or you want to comment; hey just write to me. Ask me questions. Well this is the story and know be sure not to get tangle with this kind of people. Sooner or later they will show their spots.

No comments:

Post a Comment