Pages

Sunday, September 30, 2012

Bitten

Long time ago my father was breeding rabbits. Everyday he will wake up early in the morning to feed them and check out the new born. He was very proud of his rabbits, so was I. Sometimes children from the neighborhood will come and look at them. My daddy never let anyone take the rabbits out off their cages for safety reasons. 
He always let me pet them and play with them. But one afternoon his favorite rabbit which was the biggest one look different, he thought it was sick. He open the cage and took him out. Out of the blue the rabbit bit my dad. My dad threw the rabbit on the ground and look at his hand. The rabbit bit him very bad, he was bleeding and it was very painful. He was so angry that he opened every cage and let them go. All the rabbits were jumping all around the neighborhood. The grownups and the children started to run around to get them. My father said that he did not wanted them anymore and they could keep them. Well, it was rabbit stew the main dish around the neighborhood. I was sad for the rabbits but I understood my fathers disappointment. Years of taking care of them and loving the biggest one and just turned on him. After that incident my father never spoke about it again.  

No comments:

Post a Comment